In English Baby Names the meaning of the name Faith is: Faithful. A Christian virtue name popular among 16th century Puritans.
What does it mean if your middle name is Faith?
Derived from faith, which denotes unquestioning belief and complete trust in God. The word has its root in the Latin fides (confidence, belief). Faith, a very popular name among the 17th-century Puritans, continues to be an often-used name among modern Christians.
What is the biblical meaning of the name Faith?
It means “devoted to god.” Israel. This Hebrew name meaning “may God reign” has recently been rising in popularity. Faith. The name Faith has innate Biblical connections — after all, having faith is one of the main cornerstones of Christianity.
Is faith a rare name?
Faith is an English feminine given name derived from the word faith. It became popularized when the Puritans began using it as a virtue name during the 17th century. … Faith has been a consistently popular name for girls in the United States, ranking among the top 1,000 names since 1880 and the top 500 names since 1921.
Is faith a good name for a baby girl?
The name Faith is a girl’s name of English origin. Faith is one of the most straightforward of the virtue names popularized by the Puritans in the seventeenth century, many parents still choosing it as an indicator of their religious conviction.
What is a good nickname for faith?
Below are cute nicknames for the name Faith:
- Hope: Inspired by the literal meaning of Faith.
- Fay Fay.
- Fai Fairy.
- Fay Fluffy.
Is faith a black name?
The race and Hispanic origin distribution of the people with the name FAITH is 77.7% White, 4.4% Hispanic origin, 13.1% Black, 2.5% Asian or Pacific Islander, 1.6% Two or More Races, and 0.7% American Indian or Alaskan Native.
What girl name means faith?
Baby Girl Names That Mean Faith
- Amani. The name has an Arabic origin. …
- Amina. This is an Arabic name, which means “trustworthy”. …
- Amana. It has Urdu origin and means “faithful”. …
- Ashia. A name with Arabic origin, it means “hope”. …
- Chrissy. …
- Creda. …
- Datyah. …
What’s the meaning of the name Faith?
Latin Baby Names Meaning:
In Latin Baby Names the meaning of the name Faith is: Confidence; trust; belief.
What name means blessed by God?
Aaron – Hebrew, meaning “miraculous.” Adom – African, meaning “God’s blessing.”
Why do people name their kids faith?
Faith is basically “trust in God”. Faith’s wide usage as a given name for girls is owed to the 17th century Puritans. They are responsible for popularizing the “virtue names” (i.e., Faith, Hope and Charity).
What name means hope?
Along with Hope itself, baby names meaning hope that rank among the US Top 500 include Evangeline, Xavier, Nova, Ashlyn, Daisy, Chloe, Phoenix, Helen, and Cyrus. Unique names with hope-related meanings on our recommended list range from the sun-dappled Sunniva to the mythical Apollo to the peaceful dove.
What name means love?
Girl baby names that mean love
- Amara. Rooted in Greek, this elegant and regal name rolls off the tongue. …
- Aimee. There are many different variations of this French name, such as Amy, Amie and Ami. …
- Aphrodite. In Greek mythology, she’s the goddess of love. …
- Davina. …
- Esme. …
- Freya. …
- Imogen. …
What name means gift from God?
Gracious Baby Names That Mean Gift From God
- Adiel. Meaning: Hebrew for God sent.
- Anana. Meaning: Greek for “Given by God”
- Corbon. Meaning: Hebrew for “Offered from God”
- Donato. Meaning: Italian for “Gift from God”
- Dorek. Meaning: Polish for “God’s Gift.
- Elsi. Meaning: Greek for “God’s satisfaction sent to earth”
- Gaddiel. Meaning: Hebrew for “Fortune from God”
What name means miracle?
The French baby girl names Mireille, Marvel and Marvella all mean “miracle,” while Mireya is a Spanish name that means “miracle.” Micaela and Mikelle are both English names that mean “gift from God,” while Mirabelle is a French name that means “of incredible beauty.” We also love the names Bea, Gwyneth, Annie, Sachi, …