What name means sea?
Names That Mean Ocean or Sea
- Haf: Icelandic for “ocean”
- Bahari: Swahili for “ocean”
- Dipsi: Ocean in the Bislama language.
- Samudra: Indonesian for “ocean”
- Tasi: Means “ocean” in the Chamorro language.
- Jaladri: Sudanese for “ocean”
- Okeanos: Ancient Greek for “ocean”
- Pelagic: Greek for “ocean”
What name means beautiful sea?
Meribella, with Latin roots, means beautiful star of the sea.
Can you name a girl ocean?
Ocean as a girl’s name is English, with roots in French and Latin. Ocean literally means “ocean”.
What Japanese girl name means Ocean?
Kairi: The beautiful Japanese girls’ name means “ocean village;” change the meaning slightly by replacing the final “i” with a “y” to make it Kairy—“sea.” Two serene oceanic options for a little girl.
What name means love?
Girl baby names that mean love
- Amara. Rooted in Greek, this elegant and regal name rolls off the tongue. …
- Aimee. There are many different variations of this French name, such as Amy, Amie and Ami. …
- Aphrodite. In Greek mythology, she’s the goddess of love. …
- Davina. …
- Esme. …
- Freya. …
- Imogen. …
What name means beautiful?
10 baby names that mean ‘beautiful’
- Beau. Perhaps one of the most obvious selections, Beau is a French name that translates to handsome.
- Mei. Mei means beautiful in Chinese, and you can also alter the spelling and go for the Americanized version “May.”
- Callista. …
- Venus. …
- Rosalind/a. …
- Jamil/Jamila. …
- Adonis. …
What are mermaids name?
Beatrice – another one of the Norfolk mermaids, means “she who brings happiness.” Brizo – the Greek goddess of sailors. Brooke – the name of a small stream, this name is of Irish origin. Calypso – this name for a Greek sea nymph is also a style of Caribbean music.
What does Adira mean?
Adira as a girl’s name is pronounced ah-DEER-ah. It is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Adira is “strong, noble, powerful”.
Is Ocean a baby name?
Ocean is a nature name that comes right out and states its meaning and association. Full of power and depth, Ocean is rising in usage as a baby name, given to 116 baby girls and 166 baby boys in 2018. Oceane, the version that’s trendy in France, was used for only nine baby girls in the US in the same year.
Is Kai a girl name?
The name Kai is a girl’s name of Scandinavian, Japanese, Hawaiian origin meaning “sea”. This appealing multi-cultural name, pronounced KYE, is beginning to be used for girls as well as boys. … For girls, it debuted on the US Top 1000 in 2010.
What are some girl ocean names?
Following is the list of 30 ocean names for girls or related to it:
- Athena. According to Greek mythology, she is the Goddess who defeated the God of Sea to decide who would look after Athens. …
- Adira. This baby girl name is one of the coolest ocean names of Hebrew origin. …
- Asherah. …
- Bloom. …
- Beryl. …
- Cari. …
- Coraline. …
What is the name of sheep baby?
Sheep A baby sheep is called a lamb. A ewe can have a single lamb or twins. Triplets sometimes occur. Goats A baby goat is called a kid.
What is the Japanese name for beautiful?
Beauty in Japanese – 美しさ
“Beauty” in Japanese is utsukushisa. You can use it to describe many things, like nature: 自然の美しさ (shizen no utsukushisa), “beauty in nature.”
What are some cute kawaii names?
Popular Baby Names , origin japanese
|Aiko||beloved one, little love||Japanese|
What does Mizuki mean?
Mizuki Although the Japanese word for “moon” is usually pronounced tsuki, its initial consonant blend gets softened in the name Mizuki, which can mean “beautiful moon” (美月) or “water moon” (水月).