Hebrew Meaning: The name Ian is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Ian is: Gift from God. Find this Pin and more on Baby Boy Names by Allison Hoyt.
Is Ian a biblical name?
Ian or Iain is a name of Scottish Gaelic origin, derived from the Hebrew given name יוֹחָנָן (Yohanan, Yôḥānān) and corresponding to the English name John. … It is a popular name in the English-speaking world and in Scotland, where it originated.
What is the meaning of the name Ian?
The name Ian is of Scottish origin and means “the Lord is gracious”.
What name means friend of God?
Reuel or Raguel (Hebrew: רְעוּאֵל, Modern: Re’u’el, Tiberian: Rəʻûʼēl, Ancient Rəġʻūʼēl; “Friend of El”), meaning “friend of God” is a Hebrew name associated with several biblical and/or religious figures. …
What is the Irish version of Ian?
Ian in Irish is Ion.
What is the spiritual meaning of the name Ian?
In Hebrew Baby Names the meaning of the name Ian is: Gift from God.
Is Ian a strong name?
The name has definitely risen along with American parents growing interest in names with a distinctly Gaelic (Celtic) flavor, and Ian certainly fits the bill. It’s unpretentious and wistful. It’s manly and intellectual. It’s strong and easy-going.
What does Ian mean in Hebrew?
Hebrew Meaning: The name Ian is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Ian is: Gift from God.
What does Ian mean in Latin?
(as an adjective) From, related to, or like. (as a noun) One from, belonging to, relating to, or like. (as a noun) Having a certain profession.
Is Ian a cool name?
A name with a seriously cool look, Ian has been nestled high on the charts since the 1970s. He’s never reached ridiculous heights of popularity, allowing him to fall into the sweet spot territory, a range of names that are common but not at all overused.
What name means gift from God?
Gracious Baby Names That Mean Gift From God
- Adiel. Meaning: Hebrew for God sent.
- Anana. Meaning: Greek for “Given by God”
- Corbon. Meaning: Hebrew for “Offered from God”
- Donato. Meaning: Italian for “Gift from God”
- Dorek. Meaning: Polish for “God’s Gift.
- Elsi. Meaning: Greek for “God’s satisfaction sent to earth”
- Gaddiel. Meaning: Hebrew for “Fortune from God”
What name means love?
Girl baby names that mean love
- Amara. Rooted in Greek, this elegant and regal name rolls off the tongue. …
- Aimee. There are many different variations of this French name, such as Amy, Amie and Ami. …
- Aphrodite. In Greek mythology, she’s the goddess of love. …
- Davina. …
- Esme. …
- Freya. …
- Imogen. …
What boy name means loyal?
Baby boy names that mean “faithful,” “honest” & “just”
- Amin: Faithful, trustworthy.
- Dillon: Loyal.
- Fidel: Faithful.
- Justus: Upright, just.
- Renjiro: Upright, honest.
- Sadiki: Faithful, loyal.
- Truesdale: Honest man’s valley.
- Truman: Loyal one.
What does Ian mean in Greek?
Save to list. Boy. Scottish. Scottish form of John, from the Greek name Ioannes, originally from the Hebrew name Yochanan meaning “God is gracious”.
What is the Irish for John?
John in Irish is Seán.
What is Ian in Welsh?
Ian in Welsh is Ioan, Iwan.